Location: College District (Primary Office Beeville)
Hours: 40 hours/week
Job Classification: Exempt
Security Sensitive: Yes
Division: Administrative Services
Department: Business Office
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Essential Functions:The Controller performs highly complex (senior-level) accounting work. Work involves preparing and/or overseeing the preparation of financial analyses and reports; establishing, maintaining, and or overseeing accounting systems, procedures, and controls; may assist with the preparation and/or overseeing of some departmental budgets, as well as assisting with purchasing activities.
- Oversees and/or prepares monthly and annual operating statements, financial statements, vouchers, payrolls, and financial reports.
- Approves and signs expense account and purchase vouchers submitted for payment.
- Analyzes cumulative monthly budget and status of fund reports on state and federal funds, and conducts the continuous reviews and analyses necessary in controlling the expenditure of funds and in developing stable expenditure patterns.
- Analyzes and recommends improvements, adaptation, or revisions to the accounting system and accompanying procedures.?Audits general journal entries, and payment, cash, purchase, travel and related vouchers.
- Works with outside auditors in formalizing required reports, samples, and requests as needed for the annual audit and coordinates data compilation for annual financial reports.
- Develops/reviews methods for the control of cash receipts, deposits, and disbursements; the purchase of services, supplies, and equipment; the documentation of claims for payment.
- Develops, coordinates, or produces complex reports for monitoring and reporting college financial information.?Review expenditures to ensure that budget limits are not exceeded.
- May develop procedures and regulations to control the disbursement of allocated funds and prepares letters of instruction, manual revisions, and related forms.
- May oversee the development and use of internal audit and control procedures to determine compliance with college policies, plans, and procedures, and state and federal statutes.
- Works closely with other departments and /or individuals on the allocations of state and federal funds to college institutional and grant programs and develop suitable plans for validating and matching the various federal funds used in financing college operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Other Responsibilities: Will participate in Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP). Will participate in College responsibilities such as Institutional Effectiveness Committee, Task Force,etc.
Travel Requirements:Possible travel to other sites for training, college events, and meetings. May attend and participate in annual conferences.
Environment:Work is generally performed in an office setting with frequent interruptions and changes in the workflow/volume. May require some outdoor work for CB
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
Qualifications:Experience in accounting and financial operations. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, or a related field with at least thirty (30) semester credit hours in accounting. A minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible accounting experience, preferably in a community college setting. Possess the ability to communicate effectively.
About Coastal Bend College
Coastal Bend College
3800 Charco Rd
Beeville, TX 78102